So I’ve been thinking a lot about myself lately. Sort of like assessing myself and how I’ve handled some recent relationship topics in my life. I’ve learned a few things from these experiences, and sense it was 1:20am when I wrote this, I’m going to share them with you.
1) Accepting that certain things happen, and accepting why these things happen. I believe that things in life happen for a reason. I’ve learned that there’s no use in constantly reflecting on past events and playing through scenarios about how I could’ve fixed the problem, and prevented the result. The past is the past, and there’s nothing you can change about it. I would only be holding myself back from moving on. This is something I’m still struggling with. I think even doing this blog is helping me with this.
2) Learning from your mistakes. We’re both human. We both made mistakes. Being able to learn from those mistakes is super important to me. It helps me learn more about myself. I’ve learned even more about what I like, what I seek in relationships with people, and what qualities in people I like. I think being able to learn these traits will help me in future relationship situations. The main thing I want to gain from this is to be able to move on successfully and not make the same mistakes.
3) Doing what’s right for you. I’ve learned what I want in life, and now I’m able to pursue those things. I’ve learned that the most important thing in life is yourself. I’ve got to be happy with myself and my life, and with what I do. This ties into the next point.
4) Surround yourself with good company. I’ve been very fortunate to find such an awesome friend group up here at school. I’ve found an awesome group of people who all share the same interests and support each other. And, of course, my friends and family back home do the same. Being able to have that company up at school really makes a difference.
5) Maintaining respect for the other person. I would obviously never wish any harm on them, and I retain the utmost respect for them. I wish them all the best in their life and future endeavors.
Rewind about 6 months, and I would never see myself doing this right now. I’m very happy with the progress I’m making, and even more excited for what the future holds.
I’m glad to share my experiences with others, I like doing so. Maybe these things will help other people with their own problems someday 🙂
Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend! 🙂